February 21, 2020

Worship for Rejuvenation - Tracy Krauss

I love this month's prompt: How has God come in and provided refreshment for you? How does He rejuvenate your spirit and/or your writing? It's just what the doctor ordered - quite literally in my case! 

Meditating on scripture and listening to worship music have always been my 'go-to' methods of refreshment and rejuvenation. During my convalescence after open heart surgery, I was so grateful for my phone and a pair of earbuds. It allowed me to rest in God's presence while listening to scripture or music. It seems God puts certain songs in my head that really speak to me and I like to listen to them over and over again. During that first bout with heart disease, one song really stood out and I listened to it repeatedly each day for several months. Unstoppable Love by Kim Walker was my lifeline during that time. 

I mentioned in last month's blog that I am experiencing some health issues which have forced me to take stock of my activities and pare things down a bit. Since then I spent fifteen days in hospital, eleven of them in the Heart Centre in Vancouver for what doctor's are calling 'Coronary Microvascular Disease'. It's like Coronary Artery Disease, (which I already have - had the by-pass surgery to prove it!) but in the small vessels instead. It presents a lot like the other type of heart disease with shortness of breath, chest pain, fatigue and numbness in one's arms etc. In fact, the symptoms can be more severe than CAD, a fact I can attest to! More than once I thought I was having 'the big one' and even now that I'm home with my medicine cabinet full of new medication, I experience daily symptoms, albeit not as severe. 

Recently I have been listening to Michael W. Smith's entire 'Awaken' album. There are so many awesome songs including 'Surrounded' which is a favourite of mine and which I often use as background while praying. However, while I was being transported by air ambulance to Vancouver - rather drugged I might add because of the pain - the chorus from 'Waymaker' from the album kept playing over and over in my head. It is sung by Vanessa Campagna. It is POWERFUL and I encourage you to take a moment to listen to it. 

Waymaker
Miracle Worker
Promise Keeper
Light in the darkness
My God
That is who You are

Meditating on the truth of who God is gave me peace - and continues to do so as I try to adjust to my 'new normal'. 

Music has always been an important source of inspiration for me, and when combined with God's Word, there is nothing better to refresh and rejuvenate. 

Tracy Krauss is serving as InScribe's President. She writes - and currently rests - from her home in Tumbler Ridge, BC. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad God's leads you to the perfect music to refresh you during times, I can imagine, that are physically painful and mentally stressful! I've used Michael W. Smith's album, Sovereign, to calm my anxious brain during sleepless nights. I'll check out the songs you recommended!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful! He's still got it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing how God leads you to worship Him through music, Tracy. I've recently begun listening to sacred music during my time with God in the morning. Like you, some music runs through my mind and has a deep impact on me--the most recent being, "Oh the deep deep love of Jesus."

    My prayers and blessings for you as you continue your health journey. So glad you're able to return to moderating our blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your heartfelt and humbling story, Tracy. I also love worship music and it really does seem that God’s puts a song in my heart and mind that speaks to me in specific ways and at the right time. Your blog is an amazing testimony of how God has brought you through these tremendous health challenges. Blessed be his name! And may each of us continue to put our faith and trust in God, the Waymaker, the Miracle Maker, the Promise Keeper. . . Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.