2019 INSCRIBE WINTER CONTEST is here!
Held annually, InScribe’s Winter Contest was created to celebrate those members whose work was published in the previous calendar year. One prize of $100 is awarded to the winning submission in each category. If fewer than 4 submissions are received in a category, the category will be cancelled and fees will be returned.
Prizes will be awarded by April 30, 2019.
· Members in good standing (membership must be paid up)
· Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
· All entries must be original, published work
· Publication must have occurred between January 1 and December 31 of the previous calendar year (2018)
· Two copies of each piece are required:
· 1 – A scan of the original publication, which shows your name as author, the source of publication, and the date. (Include Table of Contents if published in an anthology.)
· 2 – A word document of your piece, re-typed into double-spacing, Times New Roman font, 12 point. Do not include your name, photos, date, or publication source. This document goes on to the judges.
· Online published items must be a third-party publication, i.e., not on the author’s blog or website, and submissions must include a link to the item and screen shot of item with the publication date. Also include the word document of your piece as stated above.
· Simultaneous submissions are acceptable (may be submitted elsewhere)
· Multiple submissions welcomed—entry fees must accompany each entry
· Entry Fee: $30/entry (includes a professional critique) must be paid at the time of submission. See the website for more details.
· Non-fiction article
· Poetry—free verse or rhymed. Song lyrics accepted also.
· Fiction—Adult Short Story or Short Drama