April 28, 2021

Rick Springfield, "Bruce" by Bruce Atchison

Have you ever had people continually call you by the wrong name? That happened to me often and all because I was with my brother Roy. It annoyed me to no end that people kept mixing us up.

Apparently, Rick Springfield had the same problem, and maybe he still does. In this song, he sings about people confusing him with Bruce Springsteen.

Click here to hear Rick Springfield's song.

Roy and I are complete opposites. Roy is stupid while I'm not. Roy loves Satan while I love Christ. Roy does foolishd things, like putting a ton of Brill Cream in his hair until it shone, whereas I try hard to be prudent. Roy seeks approval from everybody whereas I seek only Christ's commendation. Roy also talks slower than I do.

Though Satan is a mere angel, though a powerful one, he isn't God and that's all there is to it. Sadly, people easily fall into the trap of believing his crafty lies. The Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 11:14 (KJV, "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

How awesome it is that Christ knows us and never gets confused. We're sealed with the Holy Spirit unto that blessed day when our Lord returns!







5 comments:

  1. Laughed along with your tongue in cheek observations about your brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy. Please pray that Roy repents of his wickedness and becomes born again.

      Delete
  2. Yes, how awesome it is that Christ never gets confused in who we are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have four sisters, so I was often called by the wrong name ... I think we all laugh about it now. That was a very interesting song you included for your post ... well suited for being confused with someone else :) And it is awesome that we are known by God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dad often called us by the wrong name, accidentally, and now I find I have done this with my own kids from time to time. But once I inadvertently called my nephew by his brother’s name and I always felt quite bad about it as usually I am very careful to call people by their name. Will say a prayer for your brother, Bruce. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.