September 28, 2018

No Lie is of The Truth - Bruce Atchison

This might sound evident but there are many professing Christians who lack discernment. Neither do they want to hear the truth because they've been told it's divisive. But if they read the scriptures, they would have realized that God is serious about keeping truth pure.

We can see in 1 John 2:21 (KJV) that we need always to rehear the truth and become familiar with it. "I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth."

But we flawed individuals sometimes crave spiritual excitement. The plain gospel and biblical admonishments sometimes seem boring or loathsome to us. This is why Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 4:3 (KJV), "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;"

The reason I'm pointing this out is that I was one of those people with itching ears. I wanted a deity who would help me and let me use his power. A charismatic house church minister taught me that we could use Jesus' name to be healed and to perform miracles. Faith was thought of as a force we could develop. Enough of our faith would trip God's power relay and a miracle would happen.

After continuous disappointments and unfounded criticism for not being healed when hands were laid upon me, I stormed out of that errant congregation. I turned my back on God for nine years until I came to my senses.

Not only have good Bible teachers taught me the truth but I now see how deceived I was. Like Paul, formerly Saul, I had a misplaced zeal. But now that I know the truth, I want to guide misled believers out of their imprisoning error.

I'm currently struggling to write a book called You Think You're Going to Heaven? My studies of Islam, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnessism, and other errant religions has shown me how precious biblical Christianity is. Therefore, I desire to teach others about the liberating freedom found ONLY by following Christ.

2 comments:

  1. This is probably why Jesus began his prayer to the God the Father like this, "Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. . ." Thanks for sharing your unfortunate experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your candid thoughts. It is why there needs to be balance. God isn't a genie in a bottle. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.