September 20, 2024

Uniquely You - Tracy Krauss

 You are unique. 

The Bible has quite a lot to say about this, but one of my favourites is Psalm 139. 

Verses 13 – 16 say: 

“For you formed my inward parts;

you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.

praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Wonderful are your works;

my soul knows it very well.

My frame was not hidden from you,

when I was being made in secret,

intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance;

in your book were written, every one of them,

the days that were formed for me,

when as yet there was none of them.” (ESV)

Just like there are no two snowflakes alike, there are no two people alike. Even identical twins have their differences. In His infinite imagination, God made each one of us unique. Think of it! Billions of people throughout history, and not one of us is exactly like another!

Similarly, God has a unique purpose and calling for each of us. Again, from Psalm 139, verses 1 through 6:

“O Lord, you have searched me and known me!

You know when I sit down and when I rise up;

you discern my thoughts from afar.

You search out my path and my lying down

and are acquainted with all my ways.

Even before a word is on my tongue,

behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.

You hem me in, behind and before,

and lay your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;

it is high; I cannot attain it.”

As a writer, this gives me confidence and comfort. I know that God has called me to write, but my calling is not the same as yours. I must constantly remind myself of that, especially when I feel discouraged because of someone else’s “success”. I must continue to follow the unique path that He has given to me, bathed in prayer and relying on His guidance.


Tracy Krauss
writes from her home in Northern BC. Visit her website: https://tracykrauss.com


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely reminder that God calls us all to a unique path in life and in writing. Psalm 139 is a favourite of mine. May God bless you today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a favourite for a lot of people I think.

      Delete
  2. Amen, dear Tracy. This post applies to every area of our lives.
    Thank you for blessing us once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this wonderful post with a Psalm that is also one of my favourites. It absolutely leaves me gobsmacked (or is that ‘Godsmacked’) when I consider the gargantuan variety in God’s creation. Blessings, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Tracy, thank you for this wonderful reminder of our uniqueness. I never tire of this act of God and how He created us. Being part of InScribe shows how our uniqueness can work together to the glory of God. Blessings to you and your family, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Tracy, for bringing to mind the infinite creativity of our God in making us all unique. This sentence impacted me: "I must continue to follow the unique path that He has given to me, bathed in prayer and relying on His guidance." I love discovering the individuality of those I meet and get to know ... you among them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.