April 04, 2023

D is for Dilly-Dally by Brenda J. Wood

 

I wish I could, I know I won’t.


My pencil dull indeed.


My laptop slow and lingering,


Sadly not up to speed.


 


I want to write. I wish I would. 


No paper in my file.


The kids are wild and yelling.


My hair needs a better style.


 


So book deal rests upon my heart.


I wish I could. I know its cost.


My fingers twitch. The book is gone.


World’s masterpiece is lost.




Brenda J. Wood has authored more than fifty books. She is a seasoned motivational speaker, who declares the Word of God with wisdom, humour, and common sense.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, dear Brenda, for this lyrical reminder not to dilly-dally (nor forget to keep a backup of our projects). Well done.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this! Thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post, Brenda. Humorous and true. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.