July 04, 2023

Grace in Action ~ by Brenda J Wood

 

All in the last few weeks, I’ve had a serious breast cancer scare, a lingering bout of diverticulitis, a precancerous biopsy in the base of my mouth, and worn a heart monitor for five days. 

I did what I always do when life is too much: I journal my angst and I cling to Christ. 

But also, during that time, I did a YouTube devotional (See YouTube, Barrie Free Methodist Church, Wednesday, December 14, 2022)  We spoke of the hymn, Silent Night, and the peace it brings to so many. Our prayer was that peace would wash over us all.

Friends, I tell you true. I had no fear about any of this. I have learned that anxiety and fear are a waste of time. Whatever happens, no matter how awful, The Lord gives peace.

What crazy thoughts attack you right now? You don’t have to live there. That is not the way of God. I pray the peace of God over you, each one, right this minute.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  (John 16:33)

While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” (Luke 24:36)

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

Peace be with you, friends, peace. And remember to journal your thoughts while you follow your Saviour.



Brenda J. Wood is a speaker, author, and blogger. Her book My Affair with Cancer is available online. 


 


 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, dear Brenda, for reminding us that peace is ours when we focus on the Lord. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for God's peace to be upon you Brenda, during these trials. I am so glad you continue to journal and write your way through each thing that comes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle Strutzenberger1:12 pm GMT-7

    Thanks Brenda! What a good reminder that fear and anxiety are a waste of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Brenda. Journaling is my way of coping when life overwhelms with busyness, fear, and a host of other emotions. Writing seems to cause a flow of emotion to be released. Peace to you during the days and moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your post here, Brenda. I can't say I'm in the habit of entering my life challenges in a journal. My habit is to write a poem. Would that count as journaling? Perhaps I should get into a new habit. Blessings to you and I pray your health challenges are minimal as time goes on. May God continue to bless you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda, I pray for you through these turbulent times. How wonderful that you can process your experiences through journalling! God bless you, and thanks for continuing to write for our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this line you write, Brenda: "Friends, I tell you true. I had no fear about any of this." Oh my, I relate, for like you, I tell you true, I've had experiences where fear could have been king, but I kept my eyes and heart fixed on Him. And the peace really did mount guard and garrison my heart in those times. I'm so grateful for your beautifully graced post today, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Brenda, for the reminder that God’s peace is available for the asking. Praying for His peace to be upon you during the challenging times you are facing. May He gird you with His presence and give you strength for each day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.