September 16, 2017

The Providential Hand of God by Nina Faye Morey


This month’s blog theme, “God’s Connecting Points,” brought to mind several key turning points in my life when I’ve felt God’s hand guiding me. Another word for “serendipity” is “providence,” which means that God intervenes in our lives when we’re in need of divine direction, physical protection, or spiritual care. Because He’s all knowing and all powerful, He’s aware of everything that’s happening in our lives. He knows our heart’s every desire, and He’s eager to answer our prayers. He willingly and lovingly cares and provides for us. He knows His purpose for our lives and wants to help us succeed. Every microscopic detail of our lives is under His control. Since we have such a providential and faithful Father, we should always remember to thank Him when we prosper, patiently wait on Him in the face of adversity, have confidence in Him when we falter, and trust that He has good plans in store for our future.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose.
~ Romans 8:28

Even when our lives seem chaotic and out of control, we can still be assured that God’s watching over us. When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer, I felt my world was falling apart and my life would soon be over. I grieved because I thought I’d never be able to do all the things I’d planned. But I never stopped praying, and God faithfully answered my prayers for healing. I’m now a five-year cancer survivor, and I hope He’s not done with me yet.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.”
~ Jeremiah 29:11

During my chemotherapy treatments, my immunity dipped so low I was even afraid to attend church. I still distastefully recall the daily shots I received to boost my immunity. On top of all this, I was allergic to one of my medications and developed a nasty, red, itchy rash! But God was there for me through all of this. He led me to watch religions programs like “The Living Truth” and “Joyce Meyer” on television. I found comfort through their teachings and scribbled down notes whenever a sermon moved me. I found many of these notes useful in my writing. Whenever I wanted to use scripture to illustrate a point, God’s finger pointed me to just the right verse in my Bible.




I first committed my writing to God, when He led me to 1 Corinthians 12, regarding the gifts given by the Holy Spirit. I felt I was being guided to use my writing ability to bless others. Since then, God’s led me to write about topics, like my cancer, that I would never have considered otherwise. Things I’ve had first-hand experience with that might help others to deal with these issues. The Holy Spirit has definitely been at work in my life. He’s a trustworthy mentor who’s helped me use my words to help, inspire, and comfort others.

Later, when I was feeling stuck in my writing career, God led me to InScribe through a local writing group (HisImprint). When it disbanded, that was His cue for me to get more involved with InScribe. Then I started to think about editing, and God sent Sheila Webster to my doorstep with an offer to become FellowScript’s columns editor and, subsequently, editor-in-chief. Once again, signs of God’s providential hand guiding me towards good things and a glorious future.



Photo Credit: Nina Faye Morey

8 comments:

  1. We're so glad God led you down the path to becoming FS editor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, Tracy! I love working with our InScribe writers, and I'm really enjoying my time as FellowScript's editor. I'm sorry to hear that you won't be attending the conference because of your health issues. I will continue to pray for you, and hope that everything turns out well.

      Delete
  2. Nina,
    Thanks for sharing some of God's leading in your life. It is wonderful that He is with us each step of the way and He doesn't waste any of our experiences. Thanks for your dedicated service to Him and InScribe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruth. I've had many more experiences where I have felt God's loving hand guiding me, but it's impossible to write about them all in 600 words or less.

      Delete
  3. This sentence is such a testimony to God's working in our lives: Every microscopic detail of our lives is under His control. Since we have such a providential and faithful Father, we should always remember to thank Him when we prosper, patiently wait on Him in the face of adversity, have confidence in Him when we falter, and trust that He has good plans in store for our future. Amen!

    And thank you, Nina, for this excellent post and for your editorial work for Fellowscript, which is such an amazing vehicle of information for InScribers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you enjoyed reading my post, Sharon. There are so many countless ways that God works for our good. He knows what plans He has for us, and He has the power to help us fulfill His purpose for our lives.

      Delete
  4. Thankful for you, Nina, and all the work you do on FellowScript. And I'm even more thankful to read of your testimony of your faith and trust in the Lord. That's awesome and so encouraging to hear how God has lead you!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! Editing FellowScript is a lot of hard work, but the enjoyment I receive from working with all the talented members of our InScribe family of writers more than makes up for it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.