November 21, 2023

Know and Be Known - Tracy Krauss

It is a wonderful thing to “know and be known” in the context of human relationships. When you can truly let your guard down without fear and make yourself vulnerable to someone else, knowing they will love and value you despite your flaws… well, that’s something beautiful. 

Bosom buddies, soulmates, kindred spiritsAllison Lynn talked about it already this month in her post. She noted, “When we start to see other creators as kindred spirits, and not as competition, we find freedom from the shackles of jealousy and bitterness.” Such powerful words!

Sharing our inner thoughts can be a scary prospect. It requires a certain amount of “letting your guard down” and certainly makes one vulnerable. We are exposing ourselves to the world with the knowledge that there are risks. We might even get hurt. Not everyone is going to love our stories, our style, or our opinions. Some might even be cruel in their criticism. I suppose you could say this is the “being known” part. If I want people to actually read what I’ve written, these are risks I must take.

However, we must also “know” what our calling is and be secure in that. That’s why I believe a certain amount of introspection is necessary for every writer. It helps us focus on what we are called to do, not just follow the latest trend. As Allison said, I can celebrate other writers while following my own unique path.

I love what Tandy Balson shared at a meeting recently when she said it is easy to second-guess ourselves, especially when things don’t turn out as we’d imagined. We might ask, “Did I hear God wrong?” However, “Hurdles are not stop signs!” (A direct quote from Tandy!) Obstacles can actually help us grow and mature, as long as we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus. 

If God has called you to be a writer, then rest in the knowledge that He has a plan and purpose for your life that is GOOD. Ultimately, we must also “know” our own worth as a child of God. Our worth doesn’t come from our writing or anything else we do. It comes from the simple truth that He created us in His image, and that is enough.

“…you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God…” Galatians 4:9

Tracy Krauss writes from her home in Tumbler Ridge, BC. Visit her website: https://tracykrauss.com


12 comments:

  1. Thank you for these encouraging words, dear Tracy. Blessed are we who know we're known, loved, and kept by Christ and in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tracy, thank you for your wise words. This is a great encouragement to me right now. My current project has taken me a couple of years already. I persevere with it because I am convinced God wants me to continue. Blessings to you, your family, and your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad there was something of worth here, Alan. Blessings to you as well.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Tracy, for sharing your knowledge and the wisdom of others. All of it binds us together both with encouragement and in Him. Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle Strutzenberger7:05 pm GMT-7

    So many points in your post resonated with me as I have struggled (and still struggle) with being vulnerable through my writing and the cost of being so. I also have questioned if I really heard God when my obedience to what I thought was His call does not lead to the kind of results I expected. I love your quote of Tandy's words, "Hurdles are not stop signs!" Amen to that! I need to post that up beside my desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult to be vulnerable - even in commenting here, so thank you for that!

      Delete
  5. Hi Tracy, your posts are always so inspiring. This statement meant a lot to me: "When you can truly let your guard down without fear and make yourself vulnerable to someone else, knowing they will love and value you despite your flaws… well, that’s something beautiful." That's my prayer for my readers--and that the One they will understand, love, and value them, is Our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi! I also appreciate you!

      Delete
  6. Oops! What I meant to say is that "the One WHO will understand, love, and value them is Our Lord."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.