September 07, 2012

Great Resources for Writing – Ramona Heikel



I am astounded by the amount of helpful information that generous writers are giving away free, and I’d like to pass along some of my favorite resources to you.

With the publishing industry seeming like a moving target, I trust the information on the internet to be the most current, and most of my resources are there. And since I am usually writing for children, much of what I list relates to that area. I hope you find something useful…






    Now I must confess to a quirk that I have. I love how-to-write books written especially for children. Their fun, goofy, imaginative ideas for stories inspire me. For these writing prompts, I usually have to write down the whole story in one sitting, which forces me to plan the conflict and endings, which I have always found challenging. Here are a few of the ones I’ve collected:
          



    I hope that as time goes on and I learn more, I will be the one that offers tons of helpful information for free!


    Posted by Ramona
    www.happilywriting.com

    5 comments:

    1. www.janiscox.com5:35 am GMT-7

      Ramona,
      Great resources. Now I need more time. Again.
      I will try to skim to find the ones that God wants me to read more thoroughly.
      Many blessings,
      Jan

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks for these resources.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Excellent list, Ramona! You're right--it's quite amazing what's available for writers for free. And it's so up-to-date. I am going to 'pocket' your post so that I can easily come back to it and follow the links.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thank you for the information. I'll look into those sites. The Children's Writer is an excellent source. Thanks again!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi Ramona,

      Thanks for taking the time to list these free resources. I am adding them to my favourites, especially the one on time management.

      Pam M.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.