February 04, 2008

Times of Change - Bonnie Way

Shortly after I started my current job a year and a half ago, the monthly staff meeting featured a workshop on change. Apparently the branch had just undergone some restructuring and some employees had shifted positions. I found the workshop rather ironic, because I was in the middle of several changes in my life. When the workshop leader asked us to think of a change that had happened in the last few months, I wondered, “Which one?”

Now, as I finish this job, I find myself thinking back to those first few days. Again, I’m in a time of transition. I’m finishing one job to start a new job as a stay-at-home mom. I’m hoping to get more active in my writing career. Sometime in the next six months, I’ll be moving again – maybe more than once. My husband is finishing his second degree and looking for work. We’ll hear back on my grad school application in the next few weeks and then know for sure whether I’ll be starting another degree.

We’re both a little stressed over all the changes. It’s easy to worry about whether he’ll find a job and how we’ll pay the bills. I wonder if we’ll have a colicky or a quiet baby and if I’ll be a good mom. We talk about where we should move and where he should apply for jobs, but so much of that is still an unknown. Waiting is hard. We want to know the answers now.

There’s a little picture on my desk reminding me: “I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11). It’s comforting to know that while I may not know what the next few months will bring, God does. He’s leading us to where He wants us to be. And so I’ll pray that I can sit back, trust Him and enjoy the adventures that He brings our way.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some exciting changes on the wind. May God continue to give you peace.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be a GREAT mom, KB. You're young and life is an adventure. Imagine you and your sweetie in the back of a Jeep. The DRIVER totally knows what He's doing, so try and enjoy the ride:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.