May 17, 2007

The Deep Wide Valley - Walk With Me

How do you know the extent of my deep trials? I was suddenly thrust into the slidden condition of despair. The valley grew wider; my feet grew weary. It was a long and treacherous path. I couldn't see an end in sight, so I wandered on aimlessly, hoping to find answers, a way out, a light in view, anything.......

Who was there to talk with? Who was willing to listen to my meaningless woes? Where are all the others who say they know what it's like to encounter despair? We each go through the valley alone, I guess. Yeah, they're out there, but in a different valley. They wouldn't be found walking in my valley. There must be so many valley's. How vast is our land!

Wait a minute, I've been here before. It wasn't the same trudge, but I remember this terrain. Time seems so long down here. There must be a fresher clearer air beyound the cloud of doubt and despair. Of course it is, I remember the climb back up the last valley that I had broken through. I broke through those clouds. It was as if I broke through a thick film of darkness and when I did, the darkness was over. All was bright and glorious. It was almost as if it never happened at all.
In fact, I hardly remember why I walked there before.

Still, here I am..........in a new time frame, a new valley. I will climb my way back out. I will burst forth and discover a new meaning and joy of life again!

Copyright Janice Keats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.