![]() Image from Pixabay |
This month we're asked to address the questions, how do you balance life and writing in the seasons of life and what have you found helpful in maintaining balance?
Good questions! Still not sure how to answer them, but I didn't want to miss three months this year (I didn't post in May because I don't currently have a specific writing space). This will be short!
I guess what I've learned is not to beat myself up when the season I'm in doesn't afford either the time or silence/solitude that I require for writing. I remind myself that this too shall pass and I will write when I can. I do write when I can, which right now isn't often (and mostly for this blog). I also remind myself that the Giver of this gift of writing knows all about my present situation and is allowing it for His own purposes (and, I trust, glory!). I am wise to align myself with His plan and discover all that He has for me. Even though I haven't been journaling (sigh), one day everything I've been through may be a treasure trove of content. Let it be so, Lord Jesus!
_______________________


Susan, you've discovered the way of wisdom - not to beat yourself up when the season doesn't allow time or energy or silence for your writing. Knowing, too, "that the Giver of this gift of writing knows all about my present situation and is allowing it for His own purposes...". A good reminder - thank you for taking the time to share with us today.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Susan, for joining us on the blog today. Every season of life has different demands on our time and energy. Your words "I am wise to align myself with His plan and discover all that He has for me" are true no matter the challenges life has for us.
ReplyDelete