Pages

July 24, 2026

My First by Brenda J Wood

 

Image by Donna Naquin from Pixabay

 

I didn’t recognize the signs.
The itch I couldn’t scratch.
The yearning to put pen in hand
My deep self-covered patch.

But then I took an interlude
A thoughtful introspect
Considered all my options
On me, I placed a bet.

Could I write that New York seller?
I confess it mattered not.
I wrote all that was in me.
I gave it all I got.

And thus, the teeny book came out.
It landed. Solid. True.
And so; there’s nothing left in me
But to write another few.

Still, there Is nothing like that first one
That fought for air to breathe
And let me be my real self
Oh what we can achieve

By putting pen to paper
And writing what’s on mind
Carving words from heart and head
To leave for those behind.



Brenda J Wood has authored more than fifty books. She is a seasoned motivational speaker, who declares the Word of God with wisdom, humour, and common sense.






1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:01 am GMT-7

    Thank you, Dear Brenda J. Wood, for sharing how you dealt with "the itch (you) couldn't scratch." What you said was down-to-earth, but brilliant and inspiring, even for someone like me who wonders if she's passed "her best before date." Congratulations, Brenda!. Fifty books is a fantastic feat! (Sharon Espeseth)

    ReplyDelete

Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

If you sign in using "Anonymous", could you leave your name along with your comment so we know who left it.

Thank so much for taking the time to join in the conversation. We appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you've found helpful or meaningful in some way.