September 28, 2017

Providential Connections - Bruce Atchison

How I wish providence was taught as a primary doctrine in churches. Had this been done in my hearing before I joined a cult, I would have realized that house church for what it was.

This congregation believed that the name of Jesus was like a limitless credit card. If we just had enough faith, we could get whatever we wanted from God. And when my many tearful petitions during fifteen-and-a-half years for good sight went unanswered, I grew bitter.

This rage at a supposedly stingy deity drove me away from him for nine years. But he never gave up on me. For that, I'm eternally grateful.

I happened to be scanning the shortwave dial one winter evening when I discovered, of all things, a Christian death metal show called Tempered Steel. The enthusiasm of announcer Dale Early drew me into the music and I became a regular listener.

Since Dale seemed like a level-headed guy, I wrote and asked him about why I hadn't been healed of my poor sight in spite of my striving to build up my faith.

His hand-written answer pinpointed the problem. Nobody explained God's providence as plainly as he did.

Even knowing this, I still felt cheated by God since he could easily have healed me. But after some circumstances, which I need not explain here, I realized that I'd been swindled by phony Christians.

I wrote my third memoir in 2012 so that other victims of false teachers would see how the heavenly Father used providence to guide me out of error and into his restorative truth. Never have I ever been so content to rely upon his will for my life.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I understand what you are saying, Bruce. God didn't say we would not have trials and tribulations, but he can work with us in these circumstances and we can learn from our going through these difficulties.

    I often consider this portion of Scripture in James 1:2-4: Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

    James then go on to say, "If any of you lacks wisdom . . ." We are all works in progress and life provides us challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EssayCyber.com is a freelance writing company that offers the best, high quality and non-plagiarized custom papers. We have highly qualified writers who work 24/7 to meet your expectations. No matter how complex your task or project is, no need to worry anymore because there is a qualified writer ready to lend you a helping hand. Our writers possess Masters and PhD Degrees hence being in a position to provide the best results.assignment writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was really amazing information shared here by the blogger. I enjoyed reading a lot. Online Tik Tok Viewer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.