October 13, 2016

What is Politically Correct? By T. L. Wiens




It’s that time of year of ghosts and goblins. If I’m being honest, my idea of a “Happy Halloween” is no Halloween at all.
How come no one questions the whole commercialized money making monster that Halloween has become? Why is it okay to wish someone a “Happy Halloween” but “Merry Christmas” is wrong?
It bothers me. The same crowd that  unashamedly celebrates Halloween is a big part of the group that complains about my saying “Merry Christmas.”  Not that I want people to stop their Halloween celebrations. I just want the same respect I give them to be given in return. It begs the question, who is the real intolerant entity in this equation?
I don’t believe there is such a thing as being politically correct. You’ll offend someone no matter what you do. If we respect each other in our differences, we can all enjoy our holiday traditions.
You may be able to tell that political correctness isn’t a big concern of mine. I decided long ago to write as the Holy Spirit leads and let Him prepare the hearts of the readers. 


4 comments:

  1. This time of year is always such a conundrum... sure i want kids to have their fun, but it's hard to ignore the evil behind it. I'm always glad when November 1st rolls around. (And may I offer you my best 'Marry Christmas' right now, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy. Merry Christmas to you as well.
    It goes deeper for me. I don't understand how we got to the place where political correctness became this one sided monster where anything done differently by one group is an offender to another. They define this as tolerance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find one of the best online essays writing that also helps to write me an essay. Don't wait just try it at one time. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tammy. One of my frequent complaints is the number of "Happy Holidays" and "Season's Greetings" cards we receive in the mail as thanks for charitable donations we have given. We give out of compassion and because of our Christian belief that it is more blessed to give than receive.

    As Christian, we, of course, celebrate the birth of our Saviour which we call Christmas. We are not merely seeking "Happy Holidays" and "Celebrating the Season." I disapprove of this lack of respect for our Christian faith and for the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. I share your concerns, Tammy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.