August 14, 2016

Encouragement from Scripture

I have been challenged and encouraged by many of the posts this month around the theme of the Olympics. Today I am going to break away from the theme and share some Scripture verses which have been an encouragement and challenge to me.

Let's start with one of the prayers of Paul - from 2 Thessalonians 2:16,17:
"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word."


Here is one of David's prayers from Psalm 119:36,37
"Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word."



Imagine how different our world would be if we all followed Colossians 3:12-14!
"Therefore as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."





In my work with InScribe, I have been reminded many times of the importance of prayer. I Samuel 12:23, 24 says:
"As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right. But be sure to fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things He has done for you."




Let's continue to make God and His word a priority in our lives and in our writing!

4 comments:

  1. Scripture is so encouraging and so very challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you, Ruth, for this powerful and encouraging post. These scriptures and how you tie them together are meaningful to me. I will reread this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon,
      You are welcome. I'm thankful we have Scripture to guide and nurture us!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.