January 23, 2015

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow by Terrie Lynne

2015 is shaping up to be a busy and exciting year as my husband and I are planing the building of a new home. But, I have to admit with the uncertainty of our economy, the war on terror, and simply dealing with the reality that my husband and I are getting older, I've wondered if now is the time to be taking on such a large task! What if the world, as we know it, ends tomorrow !
Even when I may, at times, stew and fret over the trials and tribulation of life and the uncertainties of the world situation I can find comfort in knowing that my Heavenly Dad, who is my rock, is not in heaven biting his nails, pensively pacing back and forth, wondering what on earth is going to happen next!  He knows the beginning from the end. He is in control. He is the Creator of the universe and you can't get any bigger than that! But, even though He is all powerful and majestic, He meets us where we are at in our present day situations. I believe He shares in our joys and sorrows. He is our confidant and constant companion in uncertain times, and He promises to never leave us nor forsake us. Believing this gives my husband and I the confidence we need to continue on with our plans and hopes for the future.
We may not know what tomorrow holds but we know who holds tomorrow.
 
 
 
Clipart by Bing



5 comments:

  1. Hi Terrie Lynne
    I really connected with the image of God, not being up there biting his nails ... he does know what is happening, and what will happen!
    Thanks for the encouraging words!
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for encouraging words Jocelyn. I read your post and my heart truly goes out to you. I've have experienced heart break of my own in the past although different than what you have gone through. I can't imagine how people can go through painful lose without believing in God.
    God bless you as you continue in your walk with Him and your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I missed this post amidst the others last week. Very poignant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! That is the bottom line, that He is not panicking, or rushed, or stressed. He is the highest authority in all the universe, above all governments, political or religious groups, and over all evil. May we continue to walk in line with his will. Happy writing in 2015, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...sorry, I meant Terrie Lynne!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.