September 13, 2012

Getting Back into the Swing of Things - T. L. Wiens

After a very different summer, I find myself at last wanting to sit down and write. Yesterday, I wrote a song. That’s not quite getting at my novel or taking on my usual two thousand words a day. But it was writing.

My world has been a bit upside-down as of late. I’ve talked to others who have been assaulted and found out most of them took three years to get back into the swing of things. In that case, I am very blessed to be getting back to regular life after several months. Or at least a form of it.

Of course, there is that small complication of our business being vandalized after I pressed charges against my attacker. That has other aspects of my life stalled. Our means of earning a living has been trashed and we have to rebuild before any money will be coming our way. My mind is jumbled by it all.

So it might be another song today. It doesn’t matter—it’s writing. Painful, heart retching writing that has me weeping at my piano. A journey with God that I know will leave me in a better place in the end.

Some might say, “Don’t do it. It’s too painful—why would you want to go there?” Others may question God’s hand in all of this. I’m going to trust God and His word on this one. And who knows, I might even write enough songs for an album.

“But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.”

II Timothy 1:10-12

10 comments:

  1. These are very encouraging words. I needed those today. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad they helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy,

    I'm glad to hear you're writing. Maybe that will be part of the healing journey for you. But I'm saddened to hear of your business losses. It puts things into perspective for me, I guess, when I'm tempted to complain. Keep on writing and trusting - those seem like kind of lame words in light of your situation. I wish I could offer more!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Pam, they aren't lame. There's a point of accepting the things around us as is that we can't control and moving forward on the things within our grasp to change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of your stressful times, Tammy. It's amazing you have the focus to write at all. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I pray for your inner healing, knowing that this kind of experience will change you forever. Expressing yourself and letting the pain out is a good way to begin that process, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for you kind thoughts, Violet and Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy, Thanks for sharing your struggles and how God is meeting you in the midst of them. May God bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you and give you PEACE! Sending you virtual hugs today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I read your piece today, my stomach dropped. Since I don't know your personally, I looked back over your stories to see all of this in sequence. You have had several difficult month, and I will definitely pray for you.

    One of my favourite Bible promises is Jeremiah 29:11, where God says, "I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

    I encourage you to do any writing you can. I have found healing and problem solving have come through my writing. Sometimes my writing turns into prayers. May God bless you mightily in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. IN the end, even this is part of writing. You can't write what you don't know. Praise God for his Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.