PURPOSE as my signature word for 2012. Here are some reasons why:
1. I'm tired of life's time wasters. You know what I'm talking about: TV, FB, sleeping in, too much time surfing the web ... unless these activities serve a purpose, I'm trying to avoid them.
2. I spend a lot of time marketing, promoting and trying to build my author's platform. I want to take stock of my activities and see what activities are actually yielding results. (Book sales, increased followers etc.) If it isn't serving a purpose, it's time to go!
3. I've asked myself about the purpose of my writing. Who is my audience? Am I trying to entertain or minister to people? Why do I write in the first place? I believe there is a purpose for this obsession and I want to be more purposeful in pursuing it. :)
4. What is the greater purpose for my life? I'm re-reading Rick Warren's classic THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE and trying to refocus on the bigger picture. We all have a God given purpose, which is first and foremost to glorify Him.
5. Perhaps the fact that I will be reaching a milestone birthday this year has made me more introspective. I'm beginning to feel the acceleration of time with increasing intensity. I want to look back at 2012 and say, "This year had purpose!"
I hope that you will also find the coming year to be one of purpose and promise as you pursue Him.