November 18, 2009

A Peek Into My Daybook - Brenda Leyland



From Brenda's Daybook

For Today -- Nov 18th





Outside my window... Blue skies mottled with fluffy grayish clouds, leafless treetops barely moving in the breeze, a bluejay piercing the calm with his screech.

I am thinking... What is it we actually mean when we wish someone, Have a great day?

Now that you've asked... I guess what I'm wishing for is that the individual could truly enjoy their day and not have anything spoil it. That they could be free from sickness and pain. That any broken and difficult relationships could be mended, that bad hair days don't affect their cheerful frame of mind, that work situations would be fulfilling and interesting. I would wish that God make their path smooth and that things would be pleasant, even when they're in the 5 o'clock grocery store lineup.

I am thankful for... experiences that remind me that walking in the Royal Law of Love toward every living creature is really what makes life beautiful.

Pondering these words... Give and it shall be given. I'm beginning to grasp the idea that this seems to be a universal law that is meant to touch absolutely every area of our lives, not just our finances. Whatever I want and hope to enjoy, I must first plant a seed if I hope for a harvest in that area. If I wish friendship, I must offer it to others. If I wish to be treated with kindness, I must ensure I offer kindness to others. If I wish blessing to come to me, I must bless others. If I wish for favour, I must offer it to others as well.

Around the house... The sun is shining through the front window. I love how it makes the room feel cozy and comfortable.

One of my favourite things... the Yankee Candle sitting on my desk with the fragrance "Autumn Wreath". I've had the candle for a couple of seasons, and still I'll often catch a whiff of its autumny fragrance. Kind of a mix of spicy pumpkin pie, apple cider, and cinnamon. I love the surprise of how it releases its scent when I'm not expecting it.

Here's wishing you a great day, and all that it means to you!


Brenda blogs at It's A Beautiful Life



2 comments:

  1. Lovely what one can come up with in the little stuff of life. Enjoyed your thoughtful musings. Hope you had a good day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lots of good things to think about here. Your posts always draw me in.
    "This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.